Firstly - If you are considering starting a new fitness regime, it's always best to seek your doctors advice first. This calculator doesn't know your medical history, only you and your doctor know that, so check with your doc before starting.
When determining your heart rate limits, you will want to use the max heart rate calculator to get an acceptable estimate of the rates that are right for your age.
There are some important things to consider, aside from age, that can affect maximum heart rates however.
How to Use the Max Heart Rate Calculator - Simply put your AGE into the Max Heart Rate Calculator and find out your max heart rate instantly.
Max Heart Rate Advice - Exercising, stress and many other events can raise your heart rate significantly. Learning your maximum heart rate using a Max Heart Rate Calculator can help you exercise safely, without potentially damaging your heart. Age is the number one factor in determining your maximum heart rate per minute, but your overall health is also important to consider.
You cannot damage your heart through exercise unless you have a condition that already affects the heart. For example, a history of heart attack may lower the acceptable heart rate for you personally. Athletes and those that are very physically active may be able to push their heart rate higher than their age suggests.
If you live a very sedentary lifestyle, your heart rate limits will be much lower than your age would suggest. Those who are just beginning to exercise after being sedentary for a long period of time will need to allow their heart rate to increase in smaller increments over time, than those already living an active lifestyle.
Typically, a healthy adult cannot exceed their max heart rate. You will usually only be able to exert the amount of energy that your body is capable of, which in turn limits your heart rate to the number that you are able to achieve. Pushing yourself beyond capable limits is a difficult task to accomplish.
Of course, using a Max Heart Rate Calculator is a good idea if you are just now beginning a workout plan and want to use a heart rate monitor during your routine. Checking your heart rate often and sticking to the number suggested by your doctor can also be very important if you have experienced heart trouble in the past, however. Some conditions that can affect your max heart rate include:
- Previous history of heart attack, stroke, or other heart related illness.
- Pregnant women may want to ask their doctor about max heart rates if they exercise on a regular basis.
- If you begin to feel breathless during exercise, you should slow down regardless of age or suggested maximum heart rate.
Max Heart Rate Exercise Tips:
Exercising based on a max heart rate calculators suggestions can be a great way to enhance your heart health. If you begin to feel out of breath, resting for a few moments can be a good way to allow your body to catch up and remove the waste that accumulates in the bloodstream as a result of exercising.
Some suggestions to improve heart health include these three simple ideas.
1. If you are living a sedentary lifestyle and want to get into shape, talk to your doctor about what kind of exercise would be ideal for you. Most doctors will suggest a brisk walk for thirty minutes a day and elevating your heart rate for at least a few moments of the walk to increase heart health.
2. Aerobic exercise happens anytime your heart rate increases, and is one of the best types of exercise for heart health. Aerobic exercise can be any type of movement that increases the heart rate, whether you are energetically vacuuming a carpet or going for a jog.
3. Sticking to your max heart rate suggestions will allow you to build heart health safely. If you are worried about heart rate when exercising, speak to your doctor.
Would you ike some boxing lessons? - Or better still, some FREE boxing lessons?
I have compiled a FREE 12 part course of boxing lessons that will be sent directly to your Email address.
A free gift to all site visitors from ScotBoxer
You can get your free course of boxing lessons on this page of the site.